CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 18, 2013

Yes, it has been a while since my last post. I do apologize as it has been a crazy couple of weeks. I am currently working on getting my workout written out for everyone and looking back on the beginning of my own fitness journey.

Before that I would like to say that as time has passed I have become more convinced that stopping the MS meds was the best decision I have made in the last 5 years. I read an article yesterday about Sanofi Corp being approved by the FDA with a 14-0 vote to pass their new MS med. They did not however agree on the efficacy of the drug, and they say that there was not valid testing results and they still approved this med.

I am posting a link to this article because there is something I would like to point out. When I say I do not believe there will be a cure for MS anytime soon, I say this because it is not good business sense to cure this disease. By "treating" MS, these companies have made BILLIONS of dollars. Why would you provide a cure no matter the price? What would happen to these companies if they provided a cure for patients? I am not trying to be cynical, I am just stating the obvious here.

This is the last quarter earnings for said companies. Note I say QUARTER as in one fourth of the yearly total.



CompanyMS TreatmentRevenue (most recent quarter)Growth (YOY)
NovartisGilenya$518 million64%
SanofiAubagio$59 millionN/A
Biogen IdecTecfidera$286 millionN/A
Biogen IdecTysabri$403 million0%
Biogen IdecAvonex$733 million0%
TevaCopaxone$1.05 billion1%

0 comments: