CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's March!!

It's snowing!

Spring cleaning time will soon be approaching and along with the housework comes time for some soul cleansing. I thought I would take the opportunity to share a few insights about MS. Things that I have learned and things I should be grateful for.

I have learned that my body will do what it wants to no matter how much I fight it. I am grateful that I have a supportive family to help me.

I have learned that our next house will be one story. I am tired of falling down the stairs! I am grateful to still feel the pain of my a$$ hitting the stairs because it means I still have feeling there.

I have learned that worrying over what may happen next week only makes you sick this week. I am grateful that I worry, it means I still have something to lose.

I have learned that one side effect of this disease the doctors don't warn you about is what I call The Murphey's Law Effect- anything that can go wrong will go wrong and there is no foolproof plan. I am grateful that I was raised to be a smartass because I can find humor in the midst of the chaos.

I have learned that I should not tell my mother when things begin to fail on my body as she feels the need to call me every 30 minutes to ask how I am feeling. I am grateful my mother is still around to pester me every day all day.

I have learned what Optic Neuritis is. I really can't think of much to be grateful on with that one other than it is only in one eye for now.

I have learned that sex is impossible when your nether regions are numb. I am grateful the first round of steroids fixed that problem.

I have learned that electric shocks going down your spine when you bend your head doesn't hurt. I am grateful for the patches of numbness it makes the daily shots of copaxone a lot more tolerable.

I have learned not to take life too seriously, you will never make it out alive. I am grateful to still be here to watch my daughter grow.

2 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

I have just discovered your blog and am quite thankful. Welcome to the MS Blogging Community. This was a fantastic post and I will certainly be reading more.

Alone Time Pleasures said...

Thank you! I was having one of those "it's time to stop being so negative" moments.