Monday, March 2, 2009

Never thought I would be asking for the IV steroids again!!

You know back around Thanksgiving when I was at my mom's house trying to sweat through the withdrawals from the last round I remember making a solemn vow no matter how bad it gets I am never doing IVSM again! NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!

You can say my last round didn't go so well. At the end of day one I woke up at 3 AM feeling like superman my powers were restored! I could feel my feet, I could feel my nether regions, life was good.

Day two unfortunately was not so thrilling. I still had the horrible taste in my mouth that one gets with solumedrol. But I arrived optimistic. After the nurse blew another 2 veins trying to insert the IV we finally got it rolling. The motion sickness kicked in as we were leaving the hospital. Then the migraine hit when we got home and I found myself unwilling to budge from my somewhat comfortable position on the sofa.

Day three was what I considered the tie breaker. Round one was a victory round two I lost to a drug. Day three I had my butt handed to me on a silver platter with the word "LOSER" engraved in the middle. By this point I was sick as a dog and getting worse by the hour. I also managed to gain seven pounds in 3 days which I believe was all fluid and it was all collecting in my face.

Day four almost didn't happen. I refused to go get more. I stomped my feet and whined and screamed until my neuro finally agreed to see me before I went in for more. He takes on look at me, and prescribes sleeping pills and water pills to make me pee before sending me on my merry little way to go get another IV. Another blown vein...this makes 5 in 4 days. What can I say, my body doesn't like needles. I came home and took both the sleeping pills and the water pill. An hour later as i am in zombie mode on the couch I realize this was a bad idea. I am exhausted I want to sleep but now I have to pee every five minutes. I swear to you I would go to the bathroom and by the time I made it back into the living room, I had to go again. This was also the night I wanted to kill my fiance for bringing home the wrong kind of chicken. It was a huge fight. Looking back I may have over reacted just a tad.

Day five was the absolute worse. Day five was also moving day. You see five days after being diagnosed and the day before my birthday we found out we were moving. Seems the landlord was collecting money but not paying his mortgage and he was foreclosed on. Instead of telling us this was happening he continued to fill our heads with silly notions that we would be able to buy the house once our lease was up. And we had continued to make repair after repair. The call from the bank letting us know we had less than 3 weeks to move was a little disturbing. Now mind you my spinal cord is swollen and I am under strict orders not to lift anything over 20 lbs. The really fun part to this was that we could not get into the new place until the Monday after Thanksgiving, which meant putting everything in storage and heading to my mom's for five days. All of which my poor fiance did by himself while I laid there helpless and miserable. This also meant I had to drive my car 50 miles to get it to moms house. It was the longest trip I have ever been on. And at the time I was making that commute every day. My mom lived less than two miles from where I worked.

Two days later after all was said and done and I had a total of 6 blown veins and the meds finally started to work their way out of my body I was feeling a little better. My back started spasming that night and I thought it was because I was attempting to sleep in a water bed. But every time I would lay down my back would got berserk. I finally managed to fall asleep only to wake up soaking wet. At first I thought the bed had busted. Then I realized it was sweat. Enough to make my clothes completely soaked. I get up, jump in the shower and change my clothes and my bed stuff. In the five minutes it took to change the bedding out I was soaked again.And now I am shaking. So I call the neuro... who tells me it's withdrawals and I need to sweat it out. Three days later I was somewhat back to normal.

So now you understand how desperate I am to fix this crap. I am about to go in and ask to go through this again, because I cannot find any other options. Which means sending my daughter away again until it is all over. This is not a side of me that I want her to see. Plus this time I think I am going to let them leave the IV in, even though that didn't work the last time. We will see.

Oh by the way, yes I added music. I needed to find a way to entertain myself...and others. Of course you can always go over to the player and hit pause if you don't want to hear it. I know I know it's all girly. Just didn't think the Rob Zombie fit into the page theme.